Skip to main content

Doogee X95 Review

The Doogee X95 came well wrapped for it's journey from Singapore to Canada. It was ordered via AliExpress. 

Unboxing
It came in a nice white box with the picture of the device on front. upon opening the box had the phone on top. Which is the norm for smartphone boxes. It's a solid 6.5 inch display which felt good in the hands. Don't know if it was just my device but the case that was provided felt very cheap. It has a ridge on the sides which feel annoying at first. 
It came with a European charger, micro USB cable, sim eject tool and a pre installed screen protector.
The back of the phone looks beautiful in it's emerald green colour. The back is made of plastic but has a glass like texture. Doesn't feel cheap at all.
Once the back protector is taken off you get a phone with a really beautiful shine. 
Conclusion
I planned on doing testing for a week and then features a full review. I will not be able to do the review. Seller on AliExpress assured me the device would work in Canada. Once inserting sim card it wouldn't pick up a signal. It can detect my sim card but that was it. I tried everything to get it to detect the sim card but on the end nothing could be done. If your planning to buy this off of Amazon Canada don't waste your money. It isn't compatible with Canadian networks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wundle Mobile

This isn't a post I would be doing often. It's technically not a tech review, but it still fits on the blog. I recently switched to Wundle Mobile a Canadian telecom company owned by Luke Mackay. Wundle isn't your typical mobile carrier.  I will explain why I'm posting about this. It will give you a good understanding as to why I recommend this for people who live on and off the reservation. This is in no way affiliated with Wundle Mobile what so ever. This is my own personal review.  The main reason I recommend this as service for people living on the reservation. For those of you stick getting crap yes crap, home internet service this is perfect for you. As long as you get decent service from Bell, Rogers and Telus your good to go. So why would I mention the big 3 when this is an independent carrier? It's simple and there is only one reason. Wundle is a reseller of big 3 service. What that means is you get service from the national carriers. Depending w...

Streaming Music

Ever since I got my first Canadian unlimited data plan, I started using music streaming more in the car. Tried a few different services till I landed in something I love. Dash Radio is an American service that you should have a look at.  It's a service similar to that of Siriusxm. One difference is it's 100% online. Oh I can't forget that it's FREE. You get a bunch a artist/band curated live radio stations. Doesn't matter if your a fan of Snoop Dogg or Kylie Jenner, there is something for you.  So your wondering what's the catch? How is it free? Car manufacturers and cable providers pay Dash to use it as a premium music service. It's usually included with your cable (US only) or car premium service if offered.  I been streaming free country radio on their station Tailgate Radio. Love their Hip Hop and RNB station The City. Some stations are purely automated while others have live host. Most but not all run on a west coast schedule as many station...